So, for all those who have asked, here's a rundown of "what I've been up
to". It would probably be impossible to make a comprehensive list, but these are the most consistent projects I find myself involved in...
- Private drum/percussion lessons (symphonic/school band, hand drums/ethnic percussion, drumset, marching) - Central Raleigh/N. Raleigh/Six Forks area
- Group clinics, masterclasses (school groups, marching bands, praise teams, in-store demos, etc.)
- Multi-disciplinary studies (storytelling, geographical/cultural studies, science of music)
- Studio sessions/live sub. work - drumset, aux. percussion, mallets, or symphonic work
- Remote recording services
- Solo performances - Vibraphone (vibes) and Marimba (private parties, galleries, weddings, church services, etc.)
- Small Group Jazz - different instrument combinations available
- Dance accompanist - African (Malinke), Middle Eastern (Belly Dance), or Modern
- Support services
- Now accepting commissions for original compositions
- Score preparation (Finale programming)
- Arranging service (MIDI/sample based or live orchestra)
- Djembe/hand drum repair (reheading, tuning, some shell repairs)
- Calfskin drumhead tucking for modern or antique instruments
- Custom sample creation for DJs and programmers
- Symphonic Percussion
- West African/World Beat Percussion
- Rock, Jazz, Pop Drumset
- Summerglen - vibes and trombone, duo with Christina Thompson.
- Formation Sound - free improv. ensemble
- Solo marimba/vibes (vibraphone) - light jazz, pop, and classical themes for private parties, gallery shows, receptions, and more. Small groups with classical guitar, trombone, saxophone, and more also available...
- Staff teacher (school band and hand drum specialist) at 2112 Rock School, Raleigh, NC
- Percussion instructor, Summerglen Music.
- Guest artist/residency program at area schools (Raleigh-Durham, NC area)
If you have questions about any of the above, or if you've got a project you're looking for some help with, let me know. There's nothing worse than being bored!